Wolf Creek

I watched this last night on DVD... hmmm, according to the cover, it's the best Australian movie since Lantana! Now I saw Lantana, and I don't think that's a very high standard to aspire to, but never mind. So anyway, back to wolfie... it was actually quite a disturbing flick. And really well done in many respects - very brutal, no sugar coating, and they really used the isolation and vastness of the outback to give you a sense of foreboding and terror. Most cool.
 
BUT... why does every movie which features female victims have to show them making the same mistakes??? Namely...
1. Make a lot of loud panting, squealing, sobbing noises that will immediately give away your hiding place
2. Make daring attempts such as getting keys from the villain's pocket while he's out cold, or returning to the scene of the crime to get something
3. When you do manage to incapacitate the villain, leave him only partially hurt - don't bother finishing the job, he won't get back up!
4. Instead of hustling your behind and getting out of there, stop to explore the villain's secret lair - check out his trophy board and other torture paraphernalia
5. Split up and make vague plans like 'if I'm not back in 5 minutes, head for the road, I'll catch up!'
 
ohhh it annoys the hell out of me. I so couldn't focus on being scared for the rest of the movie - all I could think was, you stupid beotch, you DESERVE IT!!!

No comments: