Technorgasm

okay peeps.... this is really really kewl. my home feels like a proper tech-heaven... we have our 50" TV (ohhh yeah) wired up to our laptop, with a cordless keyboard and mouse... so i'm surfing the net in WIDEscreen colour... from the ottoman. ohhh i'm so happy. the downside of course is that i'm still on dial up. now how LAME ASS is that. hehehe - but we also bought a broadband kit today. so, soon my pretties, soooon!
 
actually speaking of which, i am so impressed with how technologically advanced india has become. like heaps of people have broadband... and satellite tv seems to be the norm too. whereas it's still a bit of a luxury here. which makes me think... isn't it  bit sad that despite being a supposedly "rich" country, we're still too poor to afford the things that are actually technically possible.
 
like way back in the 90s people were predicting the convergence of appliances, i should be able to surf the net from my fridge, while it automatically orders groceries from the nearest supermarket. i should be watching streaming tv (i pick the shows) from my bathtub using the full wall size lcd screen that's affixed to my ceiling. BUT while all of these things are actually possible... none of us can afford them! the technology is still too expensive apparently.
 
Well - i'll tell you which one invention would severely improve my life. i know my brilliant idea shouldn't be divulged like this but honestly if someone steals it and does it, i'd be grateful enough. basically, the idea is, i want to dictate items of shopping into my cellphone, and it will automatically order them for me. then, once a week or whatever, my supermarket delivers the stuff. so... while i'm brushing my teeth i remember we need toothpaste... i tell the phone. then at dinner time i use up the last of the milk... i tell the phone. and so on... seriously. it would be SO good. or maybe i just need to get organised and put a pad of paper up on my fridge.

No comments: