Shaadi.com

It happened...like I knew it would. In the middle of a seemingly innocuous conversation, the parentals dropped the bomb "when are you getting married" or words to that effect. As usual I blew my stack. And was in a pretty piss poor mood for the whole weekend. Until I realized that it kinda was a fair enough question and I am sure that they don't mean anything by it.

I hoped they would realize that after seeing quite a few of my friends marriages not work out that they would think rationally. But no. Oh well. It is like this friends of mine who is a successful dentist and her parents are constantly harassing her to get married and also for the groom to be the same caste as they are. I mean what the fuck??? Getting married is not the be all and end all of life.

That said though, if there are any rich ladkis out there between the ages of 22 - 27 drop me a comment. I am a SNAG who likes long walks on the beach and poetry at dusk. ...................OK OK so i lie. I don't like walking anywhere and really don't give a fuck about anybody but myself. But if that lights your ring.........I'm available.

2 comments:

Ms Smack said...

Pressure on any one sucks, whether it's via parents, siblings, friends, religeon or societal expectations.

Be happy. That's all you can promise your parents.

Anonymous said...

when parents pressurize you for marriage it just means they feeling the "Age" pressure on themselves. I suggest you call your folks up and ask them how they feeling health wise..
My experience says they just want to see the kids settle down with someone nice. The caste system comes in because they do not have any experience with people of the other caste. What they don't know they don't trust..