Aaj mera Janam din hai.

Happy Birthday to me! Supposedly today I should feel special and be thankful for the 28 years that I have been alive and healthy. But it feels like any other goddamn day. I woke up, brushed my teeth, went to work. Worked, drove home and had dinner. Oh just to make it special I bought a slice of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Shop. Whoop-dee-fucking--doo.

I used to love birthdays when I was younger. But as I get older, I find that it really just is another day. I always wondered my aunts and parents never made a big fuss on their birthday but now I can sort of understand. You have other things to think about like the frigging mortgage and bills. Sigh. and so I end this day sitting on the computer after treating myself to a slice of cheesecake, knowing that i have to work tomorrow and as well as Saturday. Many Happy returns of the day!!

No comments: