Honesty - The best policy?

I hate the fact that honesty never pays...for me anyway. I was at an interview for a super cool job that would have suited me well. Close to home and good working conditions. And what do I do but go and fuck it up by telling the interviewer about my future aspirations which don't really suit the super cool job. Now i could have lied and the job would have been mine coz lets face it, i was the best qualified.

But for some strange reason i decided that i should tell the truth. I am so bummed out that i just feel like playing loud music even louder and ...yet it still doesn't take away the pain. Adding to the misery is the fact that I have now got to start planning for my big move next year and I am in such a foul mood.

And you know i have even started playing competitive tennis just so my C.V. will not be a lie. I enjoy it but still. Screw this honesty crap. Next time I am gonna stick to the twisted half truths, pointed omissions and flat out lies to get what I want. Truth is for pussies.

No comments: