I just called / to say / I love you

Monday morning, asleep, after a big Sunday. The home phone rings. I decide to let it ring coz no one except for the fucking telemarketers know my home number. Then a couple of minutes later my mobile starts ringing. I decide to answer it as it could be work asking me to come in for an emergency patient. So i pick up and then this person goes " Hello is this the Dr. R who looks after xxxx nursing home. Coz i am phoning up to let you know that my mother is at this nursing home and wants a new pair of dentures" ...and then her phone drops out.....

Meanwhile i am so confused as i am still half asleep and wondering how in the hell did she get my number? I have always thought that doctors and dentists who have an unlisted phone number were wankers but after this incident i totally understand it. I realize that her mother was in urgent need of dentures but bitch please. How rude is it to phone someone at home and ask them about things like this. Wouldn't it be more professional and polite to actually speak to the nurse in charge or even the practice manager rather than me? and at home too? Fuck. I am getting angrier the more i fucking think about it.

No comments: