Sing little birdie

Okay I just need to have a little vent about shows that do the national talent search and have the obligatory judging panel (one softie, one medium, one harsh-ass) and basically churn through a huge number of auditions at lots of random inbred towns.
 
What's to vent about, you might ask? It sounds perfect.
 
Well, I'm actually sick of the little kids who audition. There are always these little ten year olds, eight year olds.... even a six year old... and no matter how crap they are, they get through! Because seriously, even the harsh-ass does not want to tell little six year old Maisie that she's outta here coz she got no talent.
 
But that does NOT mean she does! She might SUCK! I mean come on people, break the kid's heart now, before someone else breaks it for her.
 
My primary school singing teacher routinely put in my report "doesn't understand pitch", "needs to try harder", and as time wore on "doesn't seem to concentrate in class".
 
*shatter*
 

No comments: